[Users] Midwest Relativity Meeting 2020, October 22-24

Atul Kedia akedia at nd.edu
Tue Sep 8 09:00:00 CDT 2020

Dear Relativists,

The 30th annual Midwest Relativity Meeting will be hosted by the Center for
Astrophysics and the Department of Physics of the University of Notre Dame
from *October 22-24*, Thursday to Saturday.

The Midwest Relativity Meetings aim to bring together researchers from
across the Midwest and* beyond* to discuss general relativity and a broad
range of topics in gravitational physics, including classical and quantum
gravity, numerical relativity, relativistic astrophysics, cosmology,
gravitational waves, and experimental gravity.

As was in the past, talks will consist of short contributed papers in an
informal atmosphere. Each participant may present a talk of ~15 minutes.
Professors, post-docs, graduate students, and undergraduates working
on relevant topics are encouraged to present their work. The deadline for
abstract submission is *9th October*. The Blue Apple Prize will be awarded
to the best graduate student speaker.

Venue: Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions we will not be able to host the
meeting at our beautiful campus. Rather, we will be conducting the meeting
virtually. Recent experience has indicated that it is difficult to
participate in full days of talks in a virtual format. Hence, we will
extend the meeting over an additional day, and limit sessions to *no more
than 4 hours per day* in the afternoons.

Registration: To register and propose a talk, please visit the conference
web site at: https://sites.google.com/nd.edu/mwrm-2020

Registration Fee: There is no registration fee.

We look forward to seeing you at the 2020 Midwest Relativity Meeting.

Sincerely,
Atul Kedia
PhD student,
University of Notre Dame

On behalf of the Local Organizing Committee:
Grant Mathews, Lan Nguyen, Arielle Phillips, In-Saeng Suh, Atul Kedia,
Miguel Correa, Luca Boccioli, Xilu Wang.

Scientific Organizing Committee:
Grant Mathews – U. Notre Dame
David Garfinkle – Oakland Univ
John Friedman – U. Wisc. Milwaukee
Brett Bolen – Grand Valley State Univ. (last year’s host)
Nicholas Yunes – UIUC (next year’s host)