[Users] meeting minutes for 2021-12-09

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Dec 9 09:52:15 CST 2021

Present: Roland, Steve, Yosef, Leo, Gabriele B, Peter D, Bill G

* ET release
** in the process of finally updating repositories
** TODO: move simfactory website repo to git
** TODO: fix https://www.simfactory.org
** all gallery examples are updated, BBH one may see some more changes
  as the instructions are updated
** code generation for NRPy+ and Kranc thorns should be done earlier
  (month early), Steve updated timeline
** TODO: Roland to try to build, Steve to try to build using fix in
  https://github.com/ianhinder/Kranc/issues/151
** TODO: add Baikal generation to GitHub testing
** Roland mentioned that GitHub action has very generous times for
 academic users, has been running ET CI in GitHubi in parallel since
 summer

* BB at Home:
** Zach worked to get analysis to work with Cactus as library
** some more work to free memory after analysis, since BB at Home is
  memory constrained

ET website:
* link to kuibit or more modern code in visualization section on
  "Download" page of ET
* TODO: Gabriele to draft visualization page for ET website:
** kuibit
** VisIt
** no longer linked to to Cactus viz page
* could list to postprocessing and visualization wiki page as well:
  https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Analysis_and_post-processing

open questions in mailing list:
* Roland will point
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2021-November/008312.html to ticket in trac