[Users] GRHydro_c2p_failure_problem

白济民 beki-cat at sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Nov 30 06:48:38 CST 2021

Hi,
  I've successfully run the gallery BNS simulation and as a second step, I try to replace the single polytropic EoS with the 7-segment SLyPP one mentioned in the 2021_ETK_Workshop. Mainly I made two substitutions in the original par file, I changed the Thorn EOS_Omni parameters into the hybrid form and I changed the type of the GRHydro_eos_table into "Hybrid". However, the simulation aborted due to the GRHydro_c2p_failure, as can be seen in the output .err file:
  while executing schedule bin CCTK_POSTSTEP, routine GRHydro::check_GRHydro_C2P_failed
  in thorn GRHydro, file GRHydro_Con2Prim.F90:1787:
  ->                   xyz location:     14.06250       -5.625000        1.125000
I noticed that the failure point is near the outer layer of the neutron star. For clearance, I uploaded my par file and the err file. I wonder how to address this issue and I'm looking forward to your help.
Yours,
Jimmy