[Users] GRHydro_c2p_failure_problem

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Dec 16 09:41:04 CST 2021

Hello Jimmy,

sorry for the late response. Unfortunately there is not usually a
simple fix to con2prim failures since it involves a non-linear root
finding with constraints.

You may find that sometimes it helps to enable MHD simulation by
setting:

HydroBase::Bvec_evolution_method = "GRHdyro"

even though you are evolving a magnetic field of strength zero. Setting
this parameter selects a different con2prim routine that can be more
robust.

It can also help to increase resolution in particular since the gallery
example is quite poorly resolved.

Typically you would like to have a resolution of at least 0.1Msun (so
150m or so) for production simulations.

You can find some parameter files and discussion for production
simulations on the website of the University of Parma:

https://einstein.pr.infn.it/gravity/Research.html