[Users] Compiling Cactus on M1 Mac

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 22 06:13:32 CST 2021

Hello DG,

Since "bash" is the failing program, does typing "bash" (and enter) on the command line work? Did you ever install your own bash? You may also (though I would be surprised) have luck installing "bash" via your package manager. Bash is a fairly basic tool for the system so it not being able to run is odd.

Note: this is likeky more an issue with your system setup / M1 macs in general and less likely to be ET specific so there may be other non-ET users on the Internet reporting it