[Users] Fw: TAT/ Slab Error

Hamilton, Maria babiuc at marshall.edu
Tue Jan 19 14:41:24 CST 2021

Sorry, I just have a quick follow-up on this subject, to clarify.
 Am I misinterpreting when I read "num-threads is larger than the value for cores or procs"?
The cluster I am using (ThornyFlat) gives me the formula:
procs* num-stm = np*num-threads
Disregarding simultaneous multithreading (num-stm = 1) and considering np>1, gives procs>num-threads
What I heard at the last ETK meeting was that procs is nr. processes, and it will be divided by the num threads.
I thought that if we divide procs by num-threads, we get np.
Indeed, testing it, I get:
--procs=24  --num-threads=1 <=> np=24
--procs =24  --num-threads=2 <=> np=12
Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Physics
College of Science, Marshall University,
1 John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV, 25755
Room S 257, Phone: (304)696-2754