[Users] Einstein Toolkit Seminar: Feb 4, 2021

Zach Etienne zachetie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 10:42:41 CST 2021

Greetings Einstein Toolkit users!

We are excited to announce an upcoming *Einstein Toolkit Seminar*, which
will take place on *Thursday, Feb 4, 2021* at our usual telecon time (10AM
US Eastern Time) in the usual telecon Zoom channel (
https://lsu.zoom.us/j/631356683).

Our speaker will be *Gabriele Bozzola, from the University of Arizona*, and
he'll be talking about "*Kuibit: a community-friendly tool to analyze
Cactus simulations*".

Here are some more details:

*Abstract*
Analyzing Einstein Toolkit simulations can be a challenging task. Usually,
the
process involves a series of technical obstacles like combining data from
different restarts or working with HDF5 files. In this talk, I will present
kuibit, a Python3.6+ library that takes care of all these low-level details
(and
many other more) and that provides high-level, intuitive, representations
of the
data. Kuibit comes with a wide range of features that include full support
for
1-3D ASCII and HDF5 grid data, time and frequency series, gravitational
waves,
and apparent horizons. With kuibit, users can inspect most of the content
of a
simulation with just a few lines of code. Importantly, kuibit is designed
to be
a code for the community: it is user-friendly and does not require any
proprietary software to run, it has documentation and examples, and it is
openly
developed with emphasis on extensibility and maintainability. In the talk, I
will first give a general overview of the project, then I will discuss in
more
details the various modules.
---

We look forward to seeing you there!