[Users] recon_method dependency (weno)

Hee Il Kim heeilkim at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 18:45:14 CDT 2021

Hi all,

I made a minimal test of the recon method issue for the MHD code with
Bvec=0. It also shows that WENO is problematic in producing consistent
inspiralling behaviour (recon_comparison_mhd.png). The tested model is for
M_baryon = 1.4 M_solar binary with 40km separation and dxmin=0.375, studied
in Parma group's 2016 paper.

It's a totally separate issue but for your curiosity, I attached the time
series of Psi4 for l=m=2. It shows a much shorter t_merger and the poster
merger difference between MHD/HD. But it's somehow understandable and
should be examined with higher resolutions etc.

Thanks,

Hee Il