[Users] Vectorization issue

Hee Il Kim heeilkim at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 19:20:17 CDT 2021

Hi all,

While examining different results from my colleague's, I found the
vectorization option could develop misleading results. I seldom use the
vectorization option but  in the configuration file but he mixed up with
mine and others leaving:

VECTORISE                = yes
VECTORISE_ALIGNED_ARRAYS = no
VECTORISE_INLINE         = yes

in the config file. I found these are default config options in recent
simfactory optionlists. Instead, I used to use AVX but always adding e.g.,
"-fp-model precise" for value safeness.

I attached two figures with the vectorization on/off. For the  case of no
vectorization, I tested it w/wo AVX and got the identical result.

Hee Il