[Users] Meeting Minutes 2021-07-22

Gabella, William E b.gabella at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Jul 22 09:55:30 CDT 2021

Present:  Roland H, Bill G, Steve B, Yosef Z, David B, Atul K, Leonardo W,
Indrani B, Bruno G,

Chair: Roland H, Minutes: Bill G

* AOB

Steve, the tutorial server for the workshop next week is up and running,
ETK1 https://etk1.cct.lsu.edu , see Steve for magic codes.  Would like
people to test it.  Should be able to compile and run the toolkit...it is
actually pre-compiled, so it finishes in a minute.  Account and data will
stay around for anythign we make before the workshop.

Steve if you want ot use the tutorial server on your laptop in a
container see,
https://github.com/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/tutorial-server/docker-compose.user.yml
.

* ET summer school update [RH]

Next Week!  https://einsteintoolkit.github.io/et2021uiuc/

Roland, 280 registered participants.  Most of the speakers have title
and abstracts
in.  Sam Cupp is testing code, notebooks.  Atul, How to run Lorene?
Roland, a
runtime question.  Atul, runtime is 30 m to 1 hour, maybe have them do
it the
day before the class.  Will be a pre-compiled version of Lorene too.
Bruno, If you
produce initial data, then we can visualize it on the tutorial server,
easy if using
Josh Faber's POWER.  Bruno and Atul discuss some details of the workshop
classes for BNS and Lorene, handling EOS, etc.

* SPEC benchmark contribution
[https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2470 task] [RH, SB]

Roland, have to send email to the SPEC people...still needs to be sent.

* Search for next ET release manager [RH]

Next release is around November...maybe mid-November to avoid US
Thanksgiving holiday.

* [https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/tools/unanswered.php unanswered
question on mailing list]

Shamims' email, would like a BHNS initial data and other useful ET
files.  BHNS
reader is NOT active in ET.  Should close it by saying we do not have this.
Bruno, we have a reader but it is private.  Could make it public but
without
support.  Steve, we should have this in the Toolkit.

Kopolski's email about changing MPI ranks, looks like he is answered.

Heel Kim, vectorization problem, looks like this is being answered.

Heel Kim also investigates recon method for MHD code and WENO, this needs
further investigation.

Also the Mid-West Relativity meeting announcement, 11-13 November 2021.
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2021-July/008066.html

*
[https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues?status=open&status=new&sort=-updated_on
open tickets sorted by update time]

Open Tickets: #2540 Hamiltonian violation, Carpet boundaries using CCZ4.

*
[https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues?status=new&status=open&sort=-updated_on&q=Please%20review
tickets ready for review]

All the usual ones.

* AOB

Aug 5th, Chair Yosef Z., and Minute taker Steve B. (week after school)

--
William Gabella