[Users] Inclusion of kuibit in the Einstein Toolkit

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Jun 4 15:26:13 CDT 2021

Hello Miguel,

> Looking forward, I would like to propose the inclusion of kuibit in the
> Einstein Toolkit.
That would be a great addition I think,

If possible would you create an "enhancement" ticket via:

https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/new

proposing this (and providing a link to kuibit)? The ticket would then
serve as a record keeping point for the process.

The rules and regulation for contributing code are here:

http://einsteintoolkit.org/contribute.html

> As far as I know, 5-10 people are actively using kuibit as their main tool
> to interface
If they and you have used it in published work (and this work can be
named) then this would already check (half of) the boxes:

* "Components should be of sufficient quality to be used for
  peer-reviewed and published science. "
* "the Einstein Toolkit components should be of current interest to the
  community."

> The next release of the Einstein Toolkit is far in the future, so there is
> time to incorporate
> any feedback/suggestion that the community might have. I will be happy to
> work towards
> the goal of including kuibit in the Einstein Toolkit.
Actually 6 months is not that much time given that one needs at various
times to wait for feedback and needs to find persons willing to serve
as reviewers etc., so getting things proposed soon would be good.