[Users] problems compiling ETK on OSX Big Sur

Hamilton, Maria babiuc at marshall.edu
Thu Jun 3 19:32:54 CDT 2021

Hello,

I've been trying to compile the new stable version of the ETK Lorentz on osx Big Sur and I got all kinds of problems.

1) using simfactory I get this error:

 ./simfactory/bin/sim setup-silent
Error: value for key ppn in section BabiucMacBook15.local is not of required type int
Aborting Simfactory

2) using make with gcc-11 I get this error:
/Users/babiuc/ETKStable/Cactus/configs/ET/build/IOJpeg/JPEG.c:10:10: fatal error: jconfig.h: No such file or directory
   10 | #include "jconfig.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

3) using make without any option I get this error:
CST error 1:
  -> Configuration script for thorn PTHREADS returned exit code 1
     Error message: 'Did not find PTHREADS'

Not sure what happened, Things used to work really smooth!

Maria
Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Physics
College of Science, Marshall University,
1 John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV, 25755
Room S 257, Phone: (304)696-2754