[Users] recon_method dependency (weno)

Hee Il Kim heeilkim at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 18:10:34 CDT 2021

Hi

I'm reporting on recon_method dependency issue at least found in Turing and
Lorentz. I've been studying BNS evolution by taking some of the Parma group
models as references (DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.93.064047). But there were
significant differences in merger time, t_merger. At the moment, I will put
aside direct comparison between the GRHydro of Parma and recents ones.

What I've found is that WENO of Turing/Lorentz produces much shorter
inspiraling time (See the attached figure). But WENO-Z/PPM/MP5, they all
produce similar inspiraling time. Of course, depending on resolutions, they
produce different merging behaviour but as shown in the figure, higher-res
PPM matches with lower-res WENO-Z nicely, which is consistent with our
expectations. I've got the identical results for both Turing and Lorentz
versions.

I've missed recent GRHydro developments for a long time and I have no
guesses for the discrepancy. I hope GRHydro developers examine this issue
for the consistency of the recon_method. Thanks for your help in advance.

Hee Il