[Users] Can I simulate this exotic static topological spacetime with the ET?

Adam Herbst adamdrewherbst at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 14:52:53 CST 2021

 Hi Erik,
I am elated to receive such a detailed answer, and it appears you have
understood my problem perfectly, maybe better than I understand it myself.
I'll see if I can clear up the write-up I had and send it over.  But I
think you are right that I have not developed this enough to be tested
numerically yet.  After reading more, I think the Hilbert action approach
doesn't make sense anyway.  Also, as far as I can tell, the curvature
singularity is unavoidable due to the topological transition to the loop.

I had previously based the idea on a "curvature wave equation", which might
be an elliptic PDE but it would be fourth-order in the metric.  Could a
4th-order PDE be simulated?

Thank you kindly,
Adam