[Users] Can I simulate this exotic static topological spacetime with the ET?

Peter Diener diener at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Mar 5 10:39:13 CST 2021

Hi Adam,

If it indeed turns out that your problem can be cast as a 4th order
elliptical PDE, I don't see any reason why this could not be simulated.
In fact in the thorn NoExcision, we actually use up to a 6th order
ellitpical PDE to fill in the interior of a black hole with constraint
violating data that smoothly matches the exterior data. In this thorn
we implemented a conjugate gradient method to solve the equations and
didn't see any issues with the fact the the equations involved 6th
derivatives.

Cheers,

   Peter