[Users] update LORENE version within ExternalLibraries

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Mar 10 12:19:54 CST 2021

Hello Bruno, Lorenzo,

>   the versions of LORENE available within the Einstein Tollkit (both LORENE
> and LORENE2) are pretty old and they also include a few bugs that
> have been fixed in the current version of the LORENE library
> available on
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lorene.obspm.fr/__;!!DZ3fjg!prya273V4UErHsbCU9wuaiGbfk8SFwM2FGnhPz38kPYcjTJfxUKWzEigPXOZ3oBc$
>
>    Would it be possible to add the current version of LORENE to the
> Einstein Toolkit?
Please take a look at:

https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2206/make-lorene2-the-default-lorene-in-the-et

and

https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/1817#comment-50394946

> P.S.: btw, I was not able to find which version of LORENE the thorns
> LORENE and LORENE2 refer to. I think LORENE2 is from 2015, but I'm
> not 100% sure.
The version in LORENE2 is listed in the ticket.

LORENE unfortunately has introduced breaking changes in the past with
no notice that this was done which makes it hard to follow along they
development. It would be great if someone who uses LORENE would keep on
top of this and provide pointers which versions are "safe" to include.