[Users] update LORENE version within ExternalLibraries

Bruno Giacomazzo bruno.giacomazzo at unimib.it
Wed Mar 10 12:03:13 CST 2021

Hi,
  the versions of LORENE available within the Einstein Tollkit (both LORENE
and LORENE2) are pretty old and they also include a few bugs that have been
fixed in the current version of the LORENE library available on
https://lorene.obspm.fr/

   Would it be possible to add the current version of LORENE to the
Einstein Toolkit?

   I was really happy when LORENE was included within the Einstein Toolkit
(it made my life much easier), but unfortunately the version within the
Toolkit is not usable anymore, especially when working with tabulated EOS
(in particular with the CompOSE format, but not only) and new initial data.
In the case of Spritz for example, we have to compile LORENE separately
(see the comment on https://zenodo.org/record/4350072) and it is sometimes
a bit of a hassle to get it linked correctly with the Cactus executable
(especially when moving to new clusters).

Thanks,
Bruno

P.S.: btw, I was not able to find which version of LORENE the thorns LORENE
and LORENE2 refer to. I think LORENE2 is from 2015, but I'm not 100% sure.

--

Prof. Bruno Giacomazzo
Department of Physics

email: bruno.giacomazzo at unimib.it
phone: (+39) 02 6448 2321
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't