[Users] Proposed (not implemented) improvement to TerminationTrigger

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 25 09:58:40 CDT 2021

Hello Gabriele,

yes, I can see this being a potentially useful setup and something that
I had hacked into the code myself on some occasions before (mostly to
ensure that the SYNC on MoL_PostStep in POST_RECOVER_VARIABLES is space
only).

I would be good to spell out the usage case for this so that others who
would find this useful can chime in and the functionality added is
useful to many groups.

Adding extra meaning to the values on the trigger file would be doable
as well. Only, rather than using numbers, I suggest using strings and
eg pre-fill the file with commented out versions of the allowed strings
to serve as a reminder for users what can be set.