[Users] Compiling on DiRAC DIaL

Elley, Matthew matthew.elley at kcl.ac.uk
Fri May 14 12:23:07 CDT 2021

Hi all,

I am trying to compile the toolkit on DiRAC DIaL for which there is not currently a configuration script. I am not having issues with any external libraries except for PAPI, which is not present on the cluster. I've tried compiling with the ET PAPI bundle, but I get the following error:

Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries/PAPI/src/stats.c(20): catastrophic error: cannot open source file "papi.h"
  #include <papi.h>

I cannot find the header file anywhere (i.e. in ET or /usr/include) so I am not sure how to proceed. Is PAPI a necessary library for ET function? Compiling with it excluded from the thornlist gives me

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsz
make[1]: *** [/lustre/dirac/home/dc-elle1/ET/Cactus/exe/cactus_ET_dirac] Error 1

which I am not sure is connected as I am compiling from scratch.

Thanks,

Matt