[Users] HelpEinsteinToolkit: "required key: user"

jumipas at alumni.uv.es jumipas at alumni.uv.es
Mon May 17 09:29:41 CDT 2021

Dear Roland,

>> it would seem that there is a broken simnfactory machine file somehwere in your setup.
>>
>> When you said you reinstalled the Einstein Toolkit, did you completely remove (as in "rm -r Cactus") everything then start from scratch or was anything transferred?

I did not delete the first version I had installed, but I installed a new one from scratch in a completely different directory.

>> In the error message you quote is it really "[name]" or something else?

With [name] I meant the machine name, the name of the server where I have the files, sorry for not specifying it in the first email.

>> If you are running this on a Mac then please try and re-run "simfactory/bin/sim setup-silent" since Mac OS will create a changing machine name when it derives it from the wifi IP address which could possibly cause such an issue.

I'm working in a Linux environment.

>> You may also check the file simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini for any
incomplete setting and (if you did not completely wipe everything) check the simfactory repository:

>> cd repos/simfactory2
>>
>> git status -u
>>
>> for changed and new files.

I checked the file and there was nothing changed, and I could not find any incomplete setting either.

Thank you very much for your response and for all the help. If I eventually fix the problem I will let you know.

Sincerely,
-J.

> > Dear users of Einstein Toolkit,
> >
> > I'm a pregraduated student in University of Valencia (Spain) and I'm using
Einstein Toolkit for the first time (I used the stand-alone version of RNS
inside ET but I had not big problems with it) as part of a schollarship I got this
year.

> > When I tried to run a simulation, ET returned an error which said that "
consts.h" (located in
ET/Cactus/arrangements/EinsteinInitialData/Hydro_RNSID/src/include) was missing. However, this file actually exists and it is located in
that same directory. The error was something like this:

> > rnsid_util.o  fatal error
> >
> > #include "consts.h" The file consts.h does not exist or cannot be read.
> >
> > It was not exactly like this message, but it was quite similar.
> >
> > After many tries without solving this problem, I tried reinstalling the
Einstein Toolkit (now I have 2) and it did not appear again, so it might be an
installation error or something similar. However, now ET returns another error (
actually, the machine in which I'm working is the one which returns the error, but
it is from something missing in ET, not the machine). The error it returns is:

> > Error: machine [name] is missing a required key: user
> >
> > Aborting Simfactory.
> >
> > And I have tried almost everything I know to solve it. I also spoke to
some colleagues here that also use ET but all the files we compared were identical (
except for the initial path to Einstein Toolkit and the username). We thought
it could have something to do precisely with the username, but we changed it
several times and we could not fix the error.

> > As I still have both versions of ET (one with each error), any help with
each of the errors will be much appreciated.