[Users] a problem met in running the sample code "Binary, inspiraling neutron stars forming a hypermassive neutron star" on Jimmy's own work station

白济民 beki-cat at sjtu.edu.cn
Fri May 21 07:37:16 CDT 2021

Hello,
    I met a problem when running the sample code "Binary, inspiraling neutron stars forming a hypermassive neutron star" in ET's gallery on my own work station and I'm looking forward to your help.
    It aborts unexpectedly after running a few minutes. The end of the Output-error-file reads as follows:

    cactus_sim: /home/bai/ET/Cactus/configs/sim/build/Carpet/helpers.cc:275: int Carpet::Abort(const cGH*, int): Assertion `0' failed.
    Rank 0 with PID 73447 received signal 6
    Writing backtrace to nsnstohmns/backtrace.0.txt
    Aborted (core dumped)

    I also uploaded the entire error file for clearance.

    I built the ET using 64 processors by using the following command:
    simfactory/bin/sim build -j64 --thornlist thornlists/nsnstohmns.th

    and I ran the simulation using 20 processors by using the following command:
    ./simfactory/bin/sim create-submit bns_merger /home/bai/ET/Cactus/par/nsnstohmns.par 20 24:0:0

Yours sincerely:
Jimmy