[Users] Einstein toolkit with Sun Grid Engine

Chris Stevens chris.stevens at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Oct 5 19:20:52 CDT 2021

Hi everyone,

I have set up the Einstein toolkit on a local cluster of 20 nodes with the SGE scheduler. I have not seen any examples of this scheduler being used with the Einstein toolkit.

I have managed to get it working; however it seems if I ask for a certain number of slots that requires more than one node, it correctly allocates these, however all processes and threads are run on the one node and is oversubscribed.

My question is whether anybody has used SGE with the Einstein toolkit and if this is a good thing or not? If it is possible, I can send more details if there are people willing to help solve this inter-node communication problem.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

[cid:29d54967-59c8-486e-adea-80af7ce2cc49]

[cid:55ebbbb5-1e12-45a2-8d51-206c70460c36]

Dr Chris Stevens

Lecturer in Applied Mathematics

Rm 602, Jack Erskine building

School of Mathematics and Statistics

T: +64 3 369 0396 (Internal 90396)

University of Canterbury | Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha

Private Bag 4800, Christchurch 8140, New Zealand

http://www.chrisdoesmaths.com<http://www.chrisdoesmaths.com/>

Director
SCRI Ltd
http://www.scri.co.nz<http://www.scri.co.nz/>