[Users] New user discussion group

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 8 13:53:11 CDT 2021

Hello Nick, all,

> I am a master's student interested in starting a discussion group for
> relatively new users of the Einstein Toolkit, aimed at new master's and PhD
> students to discuss things like small problems we've had and how we fixed
> them, resources we've found, and tools we use alongside the ET. The intent
> is not purely troubleshooting and problems, but discussion so that we can
> work together to become proficient in using ET. If you are interested in
> this you can send me an email and I will set up a place to chat.

That is an excellent idea. If you would like this to be advertised in
the ET calls or (if appropriate) on the ET website, please let any of
the maintainers know.

We would also be very happy if someone wanted to present about their
experience during the regular ET phone calls (Thu 9am US Central time).
This would be part of the effort to make the ET calls more varied with
presentations on interesting science and software results, tutorials
and experience reports by ET users.

There is an Einstein Toolkit chat room on Gitter
(https://gitter.im/EinsteinToolkit/EinsteinToolkit) which is
accessible to all using e.g. an existing GitHub or GitLab account.