[Users] Compilation error using Simfactory

Jay Vijay Kalinani jayvijay.kalinani at phd.unipd.it
Mon Sep 6 03:36:19 CDT 2021

Hi all,

I have been trying to set up the Einstein Toolkit along with the GRMHD code
Spritz on a recently upgraded machine 'Galileo100
<https://wiki.u-gov.it/confluence/display/SCAIUS/GALILEO100+short+guide>'
at CINECA, Bologna, Italy.

When I try to compile with simfactory, I get the following error message:

[jkalinan at login02 Cactus]$ ./simfactory/bin/sim build Spritz --machine=g100
--thornlist=./thornlists/einsteintoolkit_newSpritzBNS.th

Using configuration: Spritz

Reconfiguring Spritz

Writing configuration to:
/g100/home/userexternal/jkalinan/ET/Lorentz/Cactus/configs/Spritz/OptionList

/bin/bash: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `;'

/bin/bash: -c: line 0: `{ ; } && { cd
/g100/home/userexternal/jkalinan/ET/Lorentz/Cactus && echo yes | { make -j4
Spritz-config
options=/g100/home/userexternal/jkalinan/ET/Lorentz/Cactus/configs/Spritz/OptionList;
} 2>&1; }'

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with this type of error, and any insights
on how to understand and/or fix this error and compile correctly with
simfactory would be much appreciated. Kindly let me know.
The python version loaded on the machine is 3.8.6.

However, I am able to compile without any problems using make via the
following commands:

make Spritz-config
options=/g100/home/userexternal/jkalinan/ET/Lorentz/Cactus/simfactory/mdb/optionlists/g100.cfg
thornlist=./thornlists/einsteintoolkit_newSpritzBNS.th
make Spritz

Thank you very much.
Cheers,
Jay Kalinani