[Users] unequal mass binaries with PRThorns GRHydro

Zach Etienne zachetie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 10:41:00 CDT 2021

Hi Maria,

There are many possible causes for a con2prim failure, but generally if
unphysical conservatives are input then failures are inevitable. The
information provided doesn't tell us much. I've always included a super
verbose error output when a failure occurs within my own con2prim
implementations, so that I can backtrace any problems. It would be useful
to see if this feature either exists (and can be enabled with a parameter
file setting) or could be added.

-Zach

Zachariah Etienne
Assoc. Prof. of Physics, U. of Idaho
Adjunct Assoc. Prof. of Physics & Astronomy, West Virginia U.
http://astro.phys.wvu.edu/zetienne/
http://blackholesathome.net