[Users] Isotropic Initial Data Evolving Towards Anisotropy

Peter Diener diener at cct.lsu.edu
Fri May 27 14:53:22 CDT 2022

Hi Nick,

If I understand your notation g_yy(0,1,0) correctly to mean g_yy along the
y axis and g_yy(1,0,0) to g_yy along the x-axis, the statement you make is
not correct. What you would expect in a spherically symmetric spacetime is
that g_xx(1,0,0)=g_yy(0,1,0)=g_zz(0,0,1), i.e. gxx along x should be the
same as g_yy along y and g_zz along z.

Cheers,

   Peter