[Users] Issue with compiling ET on cluster

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Tue Nov 15 12:01:40 CST 2022

Hello Shamim,

> Thanks for pointing out the issue. I'll check with HPC admins to fix the
> Intel-17 or install a better version. Could you please help me with the
> issue regarding running BNSM on more than 1 node? The issue is explained in
> my previous email in reply to your suggestions on problems divided into
> Part A,  B and C.

That is unfortunately quite tricky to do. Each cluster handles this a
bit differently. My best suggestion is to first look for an example of
a hybrid job (MPI+OpenMP) that the cluster admins hopefully provide.

Next you must construct a submitscript (template) that matches their
example (more or less).

You can try these out by submitting test jobs and looking at the file:

<basedir>/<jobname>/output-0000/SIMFACTORY/SubmitScript

which has all the replacements done.

For testing you may want to set the "submit" option in the machine ini
file to just "echo 42" or so so that no actual job is submitted.

I will be, unfortunately, quite busy until after the ET release (this
week) and most likely also next week, so cannot really promise to be
able look into this very deeply.

My best suggestion is to track down an OpenMP+MPI example in the
cluster documentation and then tweak your SubmitScript (foo.sub) file
until you have something that, when provided the correct options,
matches their example.

The error that you received basically says that your submitscript asked
for more resources than available, but this can be triggered by a number
of things including configuration options set by the admins.