[Users] compiling issues with libifport.so.5, libfabric.so.1

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 21 23:41:47 CST 2022

Hello Tomas,

This is unfortunately a reasonably common occurrence if the modules / OS
do not set all paths or LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Usually we fix this by setting --rpath options ion lDFLAGS. See eg

https://bitbucket.org/simfactory/simfactory2/src/master/mdb/optionlists/supermucng.cfg

Note: generic is really designed for local workstations and may
not work well on a cluster (certainly generic.sub will not since it does
not use any queuing system).

See eg

http://einsteintoolkit.org/seminars/2022_02_24/index.html

for a presentation on how to set up on a new cluster. It links to more
documentation in the jupyter notebook that is used for the presentation.

By "exporting the paths" you mean something like:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=path-to-directory-containing-libfabrics

? If so then the --rpath option above does something similar but only
for the single executable that is being linked (so nicer to your
environment).