[Users] Registration open for NR community calls in the Fall

Nils Vu nils.vu at black-holes.org
Fri Aug 18 13:21:54 CDT 2023

Dear Numerical Relativists,

A new season of NR community calls is approaching! Registration is now open to present at one of the calls starting on Sep 11, 2023. Please sign up here:

- Request a slot to present at the NR community calls: https://github.com/sxs-collaboration/nr-community-call/wiki

The NR community call is a monthly meeting to foster exchange between our numerical-relativity groups and codes. We usually have two speakers from different groups give brief (10-15min) talks, often on a technical aspect of the numerical-relativity code that they are working with, presenting what works well and what they are struggling with. The talks are followed by 15min of discussion. The speakers are preferably early-career researchers, so the calls are also a good opportunity to increase your visibility to our community.

As always:

- Feel free to circulate this information within the NR community.
- Please subscribe to our mailing list <https://groups.google.com/u/1/a/black-holes.org/g/nr-community-call/> to receive info on the community calls in the future (or send a short message to nr-community-call+subscribe at black-holes.org <mailto:nr-community-call+subscribe at black-holes.org> to subscribe) and join our Slack <https://join.slack.com/t/generalrelativity/shared_invite/zt-dl4gqb6v-aAuw~post8OOMGCS2i~VkA> for discussions (channel: #nr-community-call <https://generalrelativity.slack.com/archives/C021LLTLK37>).
- Details and schedule in the wiki: https://github.com/sxs-collaboration/nr-community-call/wiki

Best,
Nils

—
Nils Vu, Ph.D. (he/him)
Sherman Fairchild Postdoctoral Fellow in Theoretical Astrophysics
California Institute of Technology