[Users] Problems running BBH example

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 24 16:40:49 CDT 2023

Hello Krishna,

The abort is triggered by the SystemTopology / HWLOC thorns having
encountered a processor / core / PU combination that they did not
expect. Is there anything in the stdout file?

I am not quite familiar enough with hwloc in particular to really make
a good suggestion.

You can certainly try and remove

SystemTopology

and

hwloc

from your parameter file's ActiveThorn line(s). This will avoid the
issue but may, depending on your cluster (mis-)configuration, yield
non-ideal speeds (basically you must ensure manually that there is at
most one thread per CPU core). Carpet has an option

Carpet::set_cpu_affinity = "yes"

that probably gives you almost all you would get from SystemTopology so
you can try that one instead.

Can you provide details on the cluster / CPU of the cluster?