[Users] Problems running BBH example

Praveer Krishna max.praveer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 13:48:01 CDT 2023

Hello,

I've downloaded and configured the Einstein Toolkit on my desktop, but I'm
having an issue when I try to run the BBH example provided here
<https://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bbh/index.html> and the BNS simulation
from here <https://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/index.html>. The job
finishes in an instant, producing the attached error file. (I'm using the
command "simfactory/bin/sim create-submit GW150914_28 --define N 28 --parfile
par/GW150914/GW150914.rpar --procs 24 --walltime 24:00:00")

There seems to be an issue with the 'num_pus' to 'num_cores' ratio in the
"system_topology.cc" file, but the error oddly persists even when I
manually equate them, or cut out line 471 altogether. This error does not
appear when I run the tov_ET example or the HelloWorld one. I'm also able
to run this mini BNS tutorial <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3euS5yMBFmI>
without any issues, so I'm a bit baffled. I've attached my .ini file and
the .cc file along with the error file in case it helps.
Please take a look and let me know if I'm missing something obvious.

PS: My PC has 128GB of memory, a 13900K(24C/32T) processor and 1TB of
storage.

Regards,
Praveer