[Users] Trouble with account creation for online usage of tutorial

Panagiotis Iosif piosif at auth.gr
Thu Jan 12 14:13:03 CST 2023

Dear ET users,

I am a new user trying to familiarize myself with the ET.

I tried following the instructions in the "Tutorial for new users" but I
encountered a problem with account creation (in order to use the
CactusTutorial.ipynb notebook online to get a feel for the basics).

I went to the web server, https://etk.cct.lsu.edu/, clicked on the "Sign in
with CILogon" button and then I entered my ORCID credentials.

Afterwards I got (as expected) the "403: Forbidden" page, then clicked on
"Request account" and answered the two questions.

However when I clicked submit, I got a page saying "Please provide a valid
email address." and there is no way I can proceed further.

I noticed that in the "email" field, instead of an email address, my ORCID
is automatically entered and I suppose that is the problem (see attached
screenshots).

Do you have any suggestions as to how I can proceed and create my account?

Best regards,
Panagiotis Iosif

Dr. Panagiotis Iosif
postdoctoral researcher
email: piosif at auth.gr; paniosif at gmail.com

Section of Astrophysics, Astronomy and Mechanics
Department of Physics
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
54124, Thessaloniki, Greece