[Users] Fwd: energy and pressure fluctuation at the boundary of the initial BNS configuration generated by Lorene

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Jul 10 10:22:33 CDT 2023

Hello all,

This reached me due to problems registering in the user's list.

Since I am not an expert on ID and Jimmy was ok with me forwarding, I
will pass this along:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 22:25:35 +0800 (CST)
From: 白济民 <beki-cat at sjtu.edu.cn>
To: rhaas at illinois.edu
Subject: energy and pressure fluctuation at the boundary of the initial
BNS configuration generated by Lorene

Dear all,

    When using Lorene to generate initial BNS data, I noticed, after
    drawing the energy and pressure distribution, there are some
    ripples (discontinuities) at the boundary of each star. When
    generating the initial data of lower binary mass, I noticed the
    discontinuities have become more notable and is not fit for running
    the follow-up numerical simulation. I add the energy distribution
    of the initial data of the standard mass BNS and the low mass BNS,
    respectively, in the attachment. It clearly shows the ripples at
    the star boundary. The enthalpy distribution is smooth in both
    case. I wonder how to fix this. Thanks for your help!

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy