[Users] Agenda for Thursday's Meeting

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Mar 6 17:34:44 CST 2023

Hello all,

In next week's ET call slot 9:00 CST Adam Peterson (LBL) will present
on:

Symbolic Code Generation for Tensorial PDEs with Applications to
Black holes, Cosmic Strings, and Quantum Fields

Abstract: I will present the ongoing developments in code generation
techniques for producing executable code blocks representing tensorial PDEs
as encountered in numerical relativity.  Specifically I will discuss code
generation applications to AMReX based simulations of various systems
including black hole mergers, cosmic string collapse, and more exoticly,
lattice quantum field theories.  I will demonstrate specific cases where
symbolic tensorial expressions can be written in SymPy or Mathematica and
then expanded into code blocks in C++ or Fortran.  Simulations of black
hole mergers and cosmic string collapse produced entirely from code
generated applications will be shown with comparisons to standard testbeds
in numerical relativity.  Finally, a discussion of current and future
developments will be presented.

This will be an informal presentation, with questions, discussion and
technical talk welcome and encouraged.

http://einsteintoolkit.org/seminars/2023_03_09/index.html