[Users] Workshop "Infinity on a Gridshell", Copenhagen, Denmark, July 10-13 2023

Alex Vañó Viñuales alex.vano.vinuales at tecnico.ulisboa.pt
Wed Mar 29 11:52:42 CDT 2023

Dear Einstein Toolkit users,

We are excited to announce the upcoming workshop "Infinity on a Gridshell"
<https://hyperboloid.al/event/copenhagen-23/>, which will take place from *July
10 to July 13, 2023, at the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen*.
The workshop will focus on the progress made in *hyperboloidal methods*,
which have emerged as a crucial tool in black-hole perturbation theory and
other diverse applications.

The workshop aims to bring together leading experts to review and summarize
the current *state-of-the-art of hyperboloidal methods* in a wide range of
applications, including the computation of wave equations, quasi-normal
modes, effective-one-body formalism, and self-force. The focus will be on
exploring ideas to solve the full Einstein equations for astrophysically
relevant scenarios.

We have a *limited number of seats* for researchers to attend the
conference in person. Participants will have the opportunity to present
their work using hyperboloidal methods, exchange ideas, and discuss the
challenges and opportunities in the field. We aim to foster new
collaborations and build a community of researchers to connect and engage
in productive discussions.

We encourage researchers and graduate students with an interest in
hyperboloidal methods to apply for this exciting event. The workshop will
provide an excellent opportunity to learn about the latest developments,
contribute to the advancement of the field, and to *join the hyperboloidal
community*.

For more information about the workshop, please visit our website
<https://hyperboloid.al/event/copenhagen-23/>. A poster is available here
<https://hyperboloid.al/event/copenhagen-23/poster.webp>. You can apply to
participate by filling the form at the strong GR website
<https://strong-gr.com/infinity-on-a-grid-shell/registration/> before
the *deadline
April 30, 2023*. We look forward to welcoming you to Copenhagen.

*Scientific Organizing Committee*: David Hilditch, Rodrigo Panosso Macedo,
Alex Vañó-Viñuales, and Anıl Zenginoğlu
*Local Organizing Committee*: Vitor Cardoso, Rodrigo Panosso Macedo, Julie
de Molade, Rita Sousa

--
Alex Vano-Vinuales
Instituto Superior Técnico