[Users] meeting minutes for 2023-03-30

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 30 09:47:49 CDT 2023

Present: Roland, Peter, Alireza, Beyhan, Johnny, Keith, Leo, Sam, Zach

Elliptica inclusion:

* discussed progress of review, including code quality review
* asking for a comparison of new ET reader module generated simulation
  with published work using BAM, "by eye trajectory agreement" would be
  acceptable to all

FUKA reader:

* review completed
* currently depends on Boost, can only be included as a DISABLED thorn
** not easy to extract needed parts of Boost and include according to
   author
* had a larger scale discussion on what including Boost would involve
** Zach would like to avoid including Boost since it is quite large and
   slow to compile

particleTracer_ET:

* included in master branch
* needs updates to test tolerances to avoid breaking on different
  systems

TwoPuncturesBBH_EF:

* review concluded
* look for pull request

kuibit:

* Gabriele managed to remove the requirement for Python 3.8
* Sam will contact Gabriele about any changes required to ThornList

ET Release:

* Leo asked about steps to regenerate MMA codes, Roland referred to the
  release process wiki page which should list the steps, essentially
  runing "make"
* Peter offered help generating them in case a MMA license is not
  available at UIdaho

Unanswered questions:

* LORENE build errors
  http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2023-March/008890.html
  had some discussion. Leo mentioned that even with modules loaded one
  still needs to set up correct localsettings files. Leo will respond.

Open tickets:

* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2700
  Peter will review, faced git issues
* no other new tickets