[Users] Meudon_Mag_NS parfile output

Zach Etienne zachetie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 09:45:32 CDT 2023

Hi Shamim,

Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key: This is related to X11 forwarding and
authentication. The MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 is an authentication scheme used by
X11, the Linux windowing system. When you're trying to run a program that
requires graphical output on a remote machine, the X11 system uses these
"magic cookies" to authenticate the user. If there's a mismatch or the key
is invalid, you will be denied permission.

We believe the segmentation fault is probably due to running a parameter
file on a computer that doesn't have enough memory. The error file seemed
to indicate running on a laptop.

-Zach

Zachariah Etienne
Assoc. Prof. of Physics, U. of Idaho
Adjunct Assoc. Prof. of Physics & Astronomy, West Virginia U.
https://etienneresearch.com
https://blackholesathome.net