[Users] Meudon_Mag_NS parfile output

Shamim Haque 1910511 shamims at iiserb.ac.in
Sat Oct 14 08:36:01 CDT 2023

Hi Zach,

I retried it on a workstation with fairly good configuration (80 threads,
256 GB RAM), where I ran test BNSM simulations. The problem remains the
same.

I cannot use more than 8 procs (num-threads 1) for this parfile. Otherwise,
it says, 'grid structure consistency check failed'. So, I guess this
simulation is not demanding too much memory. But is there a better way to
check how much memory is expected?

Secondly, I checked the error files from my old BNSM runs, those files also
contain the following lines indicating Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key:

*+ mpirun --use-hwthread-cpus -np 10
/home/astro208/simulations/t1.4_had_1.4M/SIMFACTORY/exe/cactus_sim -L 3
/home/astro208/simulations/t1.4_had_1.4M/output-0000/t1.4_had_1.4M.parInvalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1
key--------------------------------------------------------------------------WARNING:
No preset parameters were found for the device that Open MPIdetected:
Local host:            astro  Device name:           irdma0  Device vendor
ID:      0x8086  Device vendor part ID: 14289Default device parameters will
be used, which may result in lowerperformance.  You can edit any of the
files specified by thebtl_openib_device_param_files MCA parameter to set
values for yourdevice.NOTE: You can turn off this warning by setting the
MCA parameter      btl_openib_warn_no_device_params_found to
0.--------------------------------------------------------------------------No
OpenFabrics connection schemes reported that they were able to beused on a
specific port.  As such, the openib BTL (OpenFabricssupport) will be
disabled for this port.  Local host:           astro  Local device:
irdma1  Local port:           1  CPCs attempted:
udcm--------------------------------------------------------------------------Open
MPI failed an OFI Libfabric library call (fi_endpoint).  This is
highlyunusual; your job may behave unpredictably (and/or abort) after
this.  Local host: astro  Location: mtl_ofi_component.c:629  Error:
Unspecified error
(256)--------------------------------------------------------------------------*

These simulations ran successfully. Even though Invalid-MAGIC-COOKIE could
be a separate issue, it may not be the source of this particular problem,
but I could be totally wrong here.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards
Shamim Haque
Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Department of Physics