[Users] question about checkpoints and number of procs

Luciano Combi lcombi at perimeterinstitute.ca
Sat Apr 13 10:02:39 CDT 2024

Hi all,

Another question:

I'm trying to restart a simulation with a different number of processors
than the original run. Is there something in particular I need to do to
make it work? When I do, it gets stuck for hours reading the checkpoints.
The checkpoint is distributed in a number of files corresponding to the
original number of procs I used, should I recombine them in a particular
way?

Thanks again!

---
*Dr. Luciano Combi*
Postdoctoral Researcher
Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
CITA National Fellow (U. of Guelph)
---