[Users] some questions regarding the use of LORENE to generate initial data for the merger of binary neutron stars.

巾非凡文 shenfei2002 at foxmail.com
Sat Apr 13 02:21:36 CDT 2024

Professor, hello. I am an undergraduate student from Nanjing Normal University. My research topic is related to the merger of binary neutron stars. However, I have encountered some difficulties in generating initial data with LORENE, and I hope to receive your assistance. Thank you very much.

I have downloaded the LORENE library in the Fedora virtual machine environment and selected some test examples from the website at https://ccrgpages.rit.edu/~jfaber/BNSID/. Here are my specific operations: First, I replaced the file "binaire_orbite.C" in the Codes folder with the one I downloaded in the LORENE folder, and replaced the file "coal_seq_massscan.C" with the "coal.c" file in the "/Lorene/Codes/Bin_star" directory of the LORENE folder. Next, I selected the example in the "Data/AP4/AP4_1.8_1.4" folder on the website for simulation calculations. Among them, I copied the six files, "par_eos1.d", "par_eos2.d", "par_grid1.d", "par_grid2.d", "par_init.d", and "parcoal_seq.d.40km", to the "/Lorene/Codes/Bin_star" directory of the LORENE folder. Subsequently, I ran the command in the terminal of that directory. The specific command I executed is as follows:

make init_bin

make coal

make lit_bin

./init_bin

./coal

However, during the execution process, I encountered the following assertion error:

coal: /home/lhc/Lorene/C++/Include/tbl.h:282: double& Lorene::Tbl::set(int): Assertion `etat == ETATQCQ' failed.

Aborted (core dumped)

Next, I modified the line 282 in the file "/home/lhc/Lorene/C++/Include/tbl.h" from etat == ETATQCQ to true and attempted to run it again. This time, there was no assertion error reported.

After running for about an hour, I obtained the following files:

However, the initial data file I obtained is different from the initial data files in the "Data/AP4/AP4_1.8_1.4" folder on the website https://ccrgpages.rit.edu/~jfaber/BNSID/. Specifically, the file I got is named "resu_4.000000e+01_2.080000e+00_1.550000e+00.d".

Do you know why this is the case? Is it due to my incorrect operation steps that led to this issue?

巾非凡文
shenfei2002 at foxmail.com