[Users] Cactus Code 4.15.0

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Apr 18 21:34:51 CDT 2024

Hello David,

> I just noticed that this error only shows up when 'DEBUG = yes' is
> set in the configuration file.  Everything works when debugging is
> turned off but I think this could be an issue for anyone trying to
> run a debugger on the code.

I am guessing you are seeing an instance of this issue:

https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2781/fix-bug-in-debug-mode-with-presync_mode

A patch has been applied to the development version already:

https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactus/commits/e185dc0c014d148908054ff34e6a051988a87e59

Or alternatively, in the same function, change (back)

#ifndef CCTK_DEBUG
  if(!presync_only)
    return true;
#endif

  if(!presync_only)
    return true;

which is what it was in the previous version (and which is save).