[Users] meeting minutes for 2024-04-25

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Apr 25 11:58:56 CDT 2024

Present: Steve, Roland, Lucas, Sam, Zach, Peter (others I forgot to
write down right away)

ET release
==========

* all thorns need to be added to thorn list: Multipole updates, Z4c,
  NewRadX
* the upcoming 2024-05 will be "Landau",
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lev_Landau
* release managers to contact champions about author lists, requested
  and suggested citations, check on formal inclusion criteria
* review criteria:
  https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/How_to_Review_a_new_component
* email templates:
  https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Process#Emails_to_send_to_contributors_and_gallery_runners
* add this to release process wiki page

Unanswered questions
====================

* no questions
* reminder for LSU summer school and workshop attendees to register to
  get reduced hotel rate and be provided lunch

Tickets
=======

* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2778
  grhaylhd-x-update-for-tabulated-eos will be closed
* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2760
  syntaxwarnings-raised-during-build-process will be merged and closed
* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/963
  improve-mclachlan-accuracy Peter is still testing slow start lapse
* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2789
  citation-suggestion-for-kranc will have to contact authors once more
  for decision on what to cite
* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2790
  mol-documentation-out-of-sync no update, is documentation only
  change, nothing bad happns if one follows the current docs
* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2788
  et-building-error not enough information, reporter has gone radio
  silent, will close.
* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2787
  einsteintoolkitth-no-longer-sorted to be fixed, Steve suggests a
  script, Roland points out that there are comments that one needs to
  keep with their GetComponent stanza
* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2772
  issues-link-against-kadath-thorns-and Waiting for input by Samuel
  Tootle
* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2765
  nsimd-is-not-actually-build-with-simd-code Worked for Steve
  apparently, may be "invalid", will put "on hold"

Chapter for Springer book

* still in bad shape
* promised some text on GRHydro
* Steve urges Roland to add some more text to get this done soon