[Users] Spatial refinement factors

Lorenzo Cipriani lorenzo.cipriani at graduate.univaq.it
Mon Feb 5 03:24:27 CST 2024

Dear all,

I have a brief question. I am trying to initialize a run with two very small stars (radius of ~300m) whose centers are at 750m from the origin; since I need a very fine grid, I am trying to use a refinement factor different from 2.
In particular I am setting the Carpet::space_refinement_factors variable equal to [ [1,1,1], [5,5,5], ...] but I get the following error message:

CarpetLib::dh::regrid(bool): Assertion `all(reffact == 2)' failed.

This also happens if I change the Carpet::refinement_factor.
Am I missing some obvious setting?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,
Lorenzo Cipriani