[Users] Spatial refinement factors

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 5 13:27:59 CST 2024

Hello Lorenzo,

> CarpetLib::dh::regrid(bool): Assertion `all(reffact == 2)' failed.
>
> This also happens if I change the Carpet::refinement_factor.
> Am I missing some obvious setting?

Only refinement factors of 2 are currently supported (coded up). Others
could be added but you most likely will run into issues in other
locations of the code as well (eg you need to then also code up time
interpolation with the new factor, and GRHydro and other codes make
assumptions about the refinement factor).