[Users] Meeting Minutes 2024-01-25

Leo Rosa Werneck wernecklr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 09:33:08 CST 2024

Hi all,

Please find the minutes for today’s meeting below.

Cheers,
Leo

Chair: Zach
Minutes: Leo
Present: Zach, Leo, Peter, Steve, Roland, Wenhao, Xinyue, Yosef, Bing-Ran HE

Next ET Release:
  - Managers: Roland & Steve
  - Steve created a release schedule
      https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Details#Schedule
  - Tomorrow is the initial deadline for proposing functionality to include, but
      likely will have to be pushed.
  - BNS simulations still do not work; results are completely different, even in
      the very beginning.
  - Roland: is this the first release where the resolution of the simulation was
    made "sane"? Steve: I didn't change the resolution, simply ran the example
    following the instructions on the website.
  - Zach: What release have we been using on our latest runs? Leo: May 2023.
    Steve: Have you ran the gallery example? Leo: No. Zach: It wouldn't hurt to
    do it. Leo will launch gallery example for the past two releases.
  - Elliptica: No one heard from Alireza since the May 2023 release. Release
    managers may revive the ticket to check if there are any updates.

Unanswered Questions on the Mailing List:
  - None

Open Tickets:
  - POWER: Zach will create a ticket to discuss stylistic issues, as well as
    errors in the documentation.

Additional Topics:
  - Summer Schools: Steve will host the US one this year. There were proposed
    dates, but these were rejected.

------
Leonardo R. Werneck, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral researcher
Office EP 314 | Department of Physics | University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Dr. MS 0903
Moscow, ID 83844-0903, USA
leonardo at uidaho.edu <mailto:leonardo at uidaho.edu>
https://leowerneck.github.io <https://leowerneck.github.io/>