[Workshop-all] Stack Exchange Site Creation

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Apr 8 21:36:37 CDT 2012

Hi Grayson,

On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 01:00:30AM -0500, Grayson Carroll wrote:
>  I've had a lot of great experience with stack overflow, and I think it
> will allow many of the toolkit's more difficult and obscure nuances to be
> much more well documented. Very useful for newcomers, and it's pretty
> intuitive.

Concerning hosting our own: that doesn't seem to be possible using the
stack exchange engine. However, there are also alternatives, e.g. (just
picked one more or less randomly):
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/qa/. Hosting something (freely
available) is not a big problem, and we even have a wordpress install
already.

So I am asking: is the concept of stack exchange what draws people or
'just' the concept, and a similar tool would do as well?

> Thanks again for putting on a great workshop.

Thanks to all participants to have been such a wonderful, talkative,
interactive, critically thinking, hard working crowd of people!

Frank