[Workshop-all] DataVault — Einstein Toolkit Data Repository Pre-design Survey

Qian Zhang zhangqian06 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:44:59 CDT 2017

Dear Einstein Toolkit (ET) users,

As part of an NSF software award, we are planning to build an open,
community data repository for the Einstein Toolkit (ET). A core driver for
this repository is to facilitate data retention and sharing. Datasets
produced by the Einstein Toolkit will be archived in an open repository
where they can be connected to publications via a DOI, and searched for via
metadata. We would welcome hearing your thoughts on how to share and
sustain the datasets produced by the ET.

You are invited to participate in this research project because you are the
user of the Einstein Toolkit and associated data. Your participation in
this research study is *voluntary*. You may choose not to participate. If
you decide to participate in this research survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLrcXVJXKZBv3PAIaXtgj6YMylPVxwx-ctix8T0hf-XvhiUA/formResponse>
(and
a follow-up survey), you may withdraw at any time. If you decide not to
participate in this study or if you withdraw from participating at any
time, you will not be penalized.

The procedure involves filling an online survey that will take
approximately 20 minutes. Your responses will be *confidential* and we do
not collect identifying information such as your name, email address or IP
address. The survey (and a follow-up survey) questions will be about how
you managed your simulation data regularly and related experience with
using other data repositories.

We will do our best to keep your information confidential. All data is
stored in an electronic format. To help protect your confidentiality, the
surveys will not contain information that will personally identify you. The
results of this study will be used for scholarly purposes only and may be
shared with related project personnels.

If you have any questions about the research study, please contact
Gabrielle Allen (gdallen at illinois.edu), Roland Hass (rhaas at illinois.edu) or
Qian Zhang (zqian1 at illinois.edu).

This research has been reviewed according to University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign IRB procedures for research involving human subjects. If
you have any questions about your rights as a participant in this study or
any concerns or complaints, please contact the University of Illinois
Office for the Protection of Research Subjects at 217-333-2670
<(217)%20333-2670> or via email at irb at illinois.edu.

The *link* to the survey is *here*
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLrcXVJXKZBv3PAIaXtgj6YMylPVxwx-ctix8T0hf-XvhiUA/formResponse>
 (the same link as above). Please complete the survey by the end of *next
Sunday, August 13*.

Thank you very much!

Qian