Title: CarpetX developer call When: Weekly from 10am to 11am Eastern Time on Wednesday
Join Zoom Meeting https://pitp.zoom.us/j/93861697232
Join by phone (CA) +1 647-558-0588
Join using SIP 93861697232@zoomcrc.com
Hello all,
in the call today I had claimed that colleagues here had done some experiments on MPI in Docker containers.
Unfortunately when I asked them the denied every having done such a thing.
So: I cannot say I have any numbers that I could provide about any MPI related performance impact of using docker / singularity / apptainer images on cluster (NCSA Delta to be specific).
However, I former colleague (left NCSA since then) did experiments on our former cluster (BlueWaters) with an older container engine (shifter):
https://bluewaters.ncsa.illinois.edu/liferay-content/image-gallery/content/B...
which on page 16 shows MPI speeds for shifter vs directly using the MPI stack (in both cases it uses Cray's proprietary MPI stack delivered by BlueWaters).
Page attached for reference.
Yours, Roland
Title: CarpetX developer call When: Weekly from 10am to 11am Eastern Time on Wednesday
Join Zoom Meeting https://pitp.zoom.us/j/93861697232
Join by phone (CA) +1 647-558-0588
Join using SIP 93861697232@zoomcrc.com _______________________________________________ Carpetx-developers mailing list Carpetx-developers@einsteintoolkit.org https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinf...
Yours, Roland
carpetx-developers@lists.einsteintoolkit.org