Hi,
I’m trying to create a multipatch visualization using VisIt’s GUI (version 3.1.4, on MacOS). I am following the tutorial
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/GW150914_VisIt_Tutorialwhich allows me to correctly visualize the Cartesian portion of the grid as in the provided example.
However, I am unable to visualize the spherical part of the grid, which, if I understand correctly, should be in the data since the grid settings in the parfile include
Carpet::domain_from_multipatch = yes
CartGrid3D::type = "multipatch"
CartGrid3D::set_coordinate_ranges_on = "all maps"
Coordinates::coordinate_system = "Thornburg04"
For concreteness, let’s say we are working with the data from the file `phi.0.xy.h5`. Taking some hints from the thread
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2019-January/006716.htmlit seems that the coordinate files `x.0.xy.h5`, `y.0.xy.h5`, `z.0.xy.h5` are required to visualize the spherical part of the grid, so I open all of these files before doing, say, Add > Pseudocolor > ML_BSSN_phi.
This produces the Cartesian portion of the grid. I’ve tried looking for the option "Carpet Multipatch” but it doesn’t seem to be available.
Any recommendations?
Thank you!
Tomas