[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #232: GetComponents has a zero return code even when all components were not checked out

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri Jan 21 11:07:19 CST 2011

#232: GetComponents has a zero return code even when all components were not
checked out
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hinder         |       Owner:  eric9
     Type:  defect         |      Status:  new
 When I run GetComponents, I frequently run into what I can only assume are
 transient network errors of the following form:

   Checking out module: CactusNumerical/Cartoon2D
       from repository:
 http://svn.cactuscode.org/arrangements/CactusNumerical/Cartoon2D/trunk
                  into: ./arrangements
 svn: REPORT of '/arrangements/CactusNumerical/Cartoon2D/!svn/vcc/default':
 Could not read response body: connection was closed by server.
 (http://svn.cactuscode.org)

 It used to be the case that GetComponents would return a nonzero exit code
 in this case so that my automated script can detect this and try again.
 Now GetComponents says:

   163 components checked out.
   0 components updated.

   Unable to process CactusNumerical/Cartoon2D
   Unable to process EinsteinInitialData/Exact
   Unable to process EinsteinInitialData/TwoPunctures

   Time Elapsed: 270 minutes, 51 seconds

 and returns a zero exit code.  This is preventing nightly build and test
 from running.

 I am using the version of GetComponents from
 http://svn.cactuscode.org/Utilities/trunk/Scripts/GetComponents

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/232>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>